Tuesday 12 October 2010

Busyman: Updates

There haven't been too many blog posts lately, I feel like I've been neglecting the online world. That's not to say I haven't been working. We recently spent two cold months renovating and fitting out the new MAIIKE Store. That's what kept me out off the bike and out of trouble over June/July.

There have been several saddle through the studio but I haven't made it a priority to photograph them. In particular I have revived a couple of used and abused Brooks saddles. One received a new set of solid copper special rivets and a general makeover while the other received a recolouring to scuffed sections and remoulding as it had become rather splayed from harsh weather conditions.

So if anyone is in need of some Brooks maintenance feel free to drop me a line.

Now that summer is on it way bikey type people seem to be re-emerging from everywhere.

I have a Selle SMP basic black re-cover waiting for delivery, another Selle SMP awaiting treatment - a black skull and cross bones actually - and another skull and cross bones to do, white this time. It seems that all of a sudden the Skull is having a revival. I wonder whether it has something to d with all the kids I see around the streets with rib cage and x-ray like t-shirt prints.

Wallets - I've made a few Busyman wallets for Maiike Store ans they've asked me to craft some belts and bags too.

I guess I'd better get back to the work bench and get these things made.